1127 6th Street, NW
Contemporary luxury condominiums
Project Architect: Zahn Design Architects
Project Design: Carina Lopez Lagrotteria
Projected completion: April 2006
All-new construction in the historic Mount Vernon Square neighborhood, just steps to the new Convention Center and the Penn Quarter. The Hillingdon includes four high-end, contemporary condominiums in a handsome, traditionally styled building. In the four unique floor plans, buyers get large, open kitchen/living/dining areas, large master bedrooms with balconies or terrace, a den/office and a second full bath.
The spectacular top-floor unit features 18′ cathedral ceilings, two balconies, an upper-level loft with its own full bath, and a dramatic roof deck with outdoor hot tub and Capitol views.
The Hillingdon is a new building set in a fully intact row of Victorian styled buildings, just a few blocks north of the Penn Quarter. Walk three blocks south and you’re in the heart of downtown Washington’s bustling East End, a dynamic mixed-use area where law firms hold millions of square feet of commercial leases next to brand new high-rise condominium and apartment buildings, next to pockets of low-rise, turn-of-the-century commercial and residential buildings. Also within walking distance: Chinatown and the Verizon Center, the new Convention Center, and the Mount Vernon Square station on the Metro’s Green Line.
- Gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, all-natural solid maple cabinets, stainless steel kitchen sinks, custom lighting and high-end stainless steel appliances
- Gas fireplaces
- Red oak hardwood flooring throughout
- Travertine marble floors and mosaic stone tile showers, upscale plumbing fixtures in baths
- Flip-up flat panel TVs in kitchens
- Pre-wired with CAT-5 cable for video, data and telephone
- Individually controlled central HVAC, efficient gas heat
- Quality interior finishes, including 6″ wood baseboard and two-panel solid core wood interior doors
- Individual alarm/security systems, central intercom system