3211 Foxhall Road NW
Project Architect: Carina Lopez Lagrotteria
Completed: Q2 2016
Theneo-classical home in colonial architectural style consists of 5,540 SF of living space featuring five (5) bedrooms and four and a half (4-1/2) baths on a lot measuring 7,400 SF. This home is located on prominent Foxhall Road in Northwest DC in the Wesley Heights neighborhood. Murillo Malnati Homes has renovated the existing single-family home which now includes all new finishes, refinished floors, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets and appliances, an open floor plan media room/playroom design in the lower level, a new au pair suite including a private entry, private bath and laundry center.
The second floor was renovated and refinished and the master bathroom was completely reconfigured to include a new shower stall, a free-standing soaking tub and large HIS and HERS walk-in closets.
The home also includes a detached 2-car garage, a playroom/home theatre/au pair suite on the lower level, a living room/dining room/great room/kitchen combination.
Wesley Heights is characterized by its residents as “tall trees, sidewalks, and beautiful homes are all hallmarks of this special place. It even has a national park that snakes through its streets.” According to the community website, originally this community was built beginning in the 1930s. Most of the original homes still stand today. This community has a pride of ownership and is reflected in the care that people take of their properties.
Built as a community from the ground up starting in the late 1930s in the great city of Washington, DC, Wesley Heights has seen its share of excitement. This neighborhood has been and still is home to many dignitaries. Richard Nixon and his family lived in Wesley Heights from 1957 until 1961.
Wesley Heights is one of the most exclusive areas of the city and many private universities and schools are located nearby.
- Two-car detached garage plus two-car parking pad
- Entertainment playroom/home theatre and an au pair suite
- Wet bar, kitchenette and full bath
- Living room, dining room and kitchen/great room
- Full light patio windows and doors connecting with deck and patio
- Gourmet kitchen with butler’s pantry and custom cabinetry
- Carrara marble counter and pendant lights
- Appliances includeprofessional series Viking/Fisher Paykel/Kitchen-Aid/Bosch
- Exterior patio and deck off the family room
- Wainscoting and coffered ceiling in select areas
- Powder room off the main and rear entrance
- Master bedrooms suite, plus three (3) additional bedrooms
- Organization systems in all closets
- Laundry rooms with side-by-side washer and dryer and linen closet
- Landscape design by Lila Fendrick
- Insulated low-E windows and slate roof shingles
- Structured wiring for security/telephone/home entertainment/media infrastructure throughout the house
- High efficiency multi-zone HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical systems and life safety systems
- Hardwood floors throughout including in the master bedroom
- Radiant heat in master bathroom
- Marble bathroom floors and walls in all bathrooms
- Kohler bathroom fixtures
- Restoration Hardware vanities
- Surround sound pre-wire w/volume controls, pre-wired internet/CATV and alarm systems