3119 38th Street NW
Project Architect: GTM Architects/Christian Zapatka/McInturff Architects
Project Design: MMg
Projected Completion: Q4 2021
Designed by GTM Architects, this 9,100 square foot Masterpiece includes design contributions, guidance and participation of four of Washington’s top architectural firms: GTM Architects, Christian Zapatka Architects, McInturff Architects and Lila Fendrick Landscape Architects.
The design of this luxury home includes a 4-level elevator wrapped in a floating steel framed, open-tread stair encased inside of a glass bay that connects the original structure to the new addition.
This 7-bedroom, 8-1/2-bath home features unique full-on views of the National Cathedral. This four-level luxury home exhibits compelling curb appeal and elegant interiors. Features include, a gracious entry hall, spacious formal dining and living rooms, elevator, butler’s pantry, mudroom and powder room. With an unmatched level of sophistication, this home also boasts an open-concept gourmet chef’s kitchen outfitted with the highest quality appliances and finishes.
The kitchen and family room, spanning over 1,000 square feet, opens directly out to a picturesque patio overlooking the rear garden professionally landscaped by Lila Fendrick.
The master suite features its own balcony and a private wet room/steam shower combination, a large walk-in closet and heated floors in the sun-drenched marble master bath. The third floor includes an entertainment loft area with one bedroom and a full bath.
The lower level showcases high ceilings throughout, a fitness room and an au-pair suite. There is also an expansive entertainment room with wet bar and powder room, wine room plus extra storage room and a full laundry facility with washer/dryer and ample cabinet storage on this level.
At the rear of the property, there is a detached 2 car garage and three surface parking spaces. The level lot will be pool-ready and will have gas hookups for a grilling area, generator and/or fire-pit. This backyard is perfect for year-round socializing.
Cleveland Park is one of the most sought after areas in Northwest DC. Less than two blocks away from the site is the famous Sidwell Friends School, the Hearst School, and McLean Gardens. Cleveland Park has picturesque topography and extensive use of green space throughout and bordering the area. The Washington National Cathedral Property, the Klingle Valley leading into Rock Creek Park and the Melvin Hazen Park provide the natural boundaries for the Cleveland Park Historic District.
- Architectural contributions by GTM Architects, Christian Zapatka Architects, McInturf Architects and Lila Fendrick Landscape Architects
- Six parking spaces
- Separate basement living space with private entrance
- Mud room and butler’s pantry
- An entertainment playroom/home theatre and an au pair suite
- Wet bar, kitchenette and full bath and mud room
- Living room, dining room and kitchen/great room
- Gourmet kitchen, custom cabinetry, marble counter and pendant lights
- Double Sub-Zero refrigerator, professional series Wolf range and stainless steel appliances
- Master bedrooms suite, plus three (3) additional bedrooms on 2nd floor
- Large entertainment rook/guest suite in 3rd floor
- Custom designed master closet
- Laundry rooms with side-by-side washer and dryer and linen closet
- Exterior landscape lighting and sprinkler system
- Insulated low-E windows and EcoStar Majestic Slate roofing
- Structured wiring for security/telephone/home entertainment/media infrastructure throughout
- High efficiency multi-zone HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical systems and life safety systems
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Sound attenuation gypcrete underlayment in 2nd and 3rd floors
- Radiant heated floors in family room, master bath, wet room, master bath and walk-in closet
- Recessed light fixtures throughout
- Marble and porcelain tile bathroom floors and walls
- Kohler bathroom fixtures
- Restoration Hardware vanities