2922 Glover Drive NW
Project Architect: Barnes Vanze Architects
Project Design: Carina Lopez Lagrotteria
Completed: Q1 2017
Designed by Barnes Vanze Architects in collaboration withCarina Lopez Lagrotteria, this 6,800 square foot French Provincial design luxury home is a superbly finished residence of 6 bedrooms and 5-1/2 bathrooms.
The four-level home features a welcoming front porch, gracious entry hall, library with vaulted ceilings overlooking the front great lawn, spacious formal dining and living rooms, butler’s pantry, mudroom and powder room. Not lacking any detail, this home also boasts an open-concept gourmet chef’s kitchen and family room, which reveals a scenic patio and beautifully landscaped private back yard and an elevator. The second level features three (3) bedrooms and three (3) full baths with thoughtful architectural details, including a fully appointed-master suite with his and hers walk-in closets and heated floors in the marble master bath. The third floor includes an entertainment loft area with two (2) bedrooms and a full bath.
The fully-finished lower level includes an au-pair suite, entertainment room, exercise room and wine cellar/meditation room. The lower level is roughed-in for a wet bar or full kitchenette. The laundry facility with full size washer/dryer and ample storage is also located on this level. The entertainment room graciously opens to the front lawn.
Wesley Heights is characterized by its residents as “tall trees, sidewalks, and beautiful homes are all hallmarks of this special place. It even has a national park that snakes through its streets.” According to the community website, originally this community was built beginning in the 1930s. Most of the original homes still stand today. This community has a pride of ownership and is reflected in the care that people take of their properties.
Built as a community from the ground up starting in the late 1930s in the great city of Washington, DC, Wesley Heights has seen its share of excitement. This neighborhood has been and still is home to many dignitaries. Richard Nixon and his family lived in Wesley Heights from 1957 until 1961.
Wesley Heights is one of the most exclusive areas of the city and many private universities and schools are located nearby.
- Six (6) bedrooms, five and a half (5-1/2) bathrooms, over 6,800 square feet on four (4) floors
- Open concept family room and gourmet chef’s kitchen
- Chef’s kitchen with Wolf range, microwave/hood, Sub-Zero refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher
- Butler’s pantry with illuminating window, additional Bosch dishwasher and wine cooler
- Custom-made inset solid wood kitchen cabinets with Carrara marble countertops and marble tile backsplash in herringbone pattern.
- Visual Comfort & Co. Chapman Grosvenor Collection pendant fixtures in the kitchen island.
- Master bathroom with heated Carrara marble floors, freestanding soaking tub, Carrara marble shower with bench, Kohler showerhead, hand and rain showers create a spa-like retreat.
- His and Hers walk-in closets.
- Carrara marble floor tile and hand-made ceramic wall tile in all other bathrooms.
- Luxurious Powder room with marble mosaic floor, Polished nickel fixtures and oversized Venetian beaded mirror.
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Elevator servicing three floors
- Flared, custom-made main stair with oil-rubbed bronze wrought iron balusters and wood railing
- Coffered ceilings with classic crown moldings
- Impressive library with vaulted ceilings, wainscoting, and Juliet balcony overlooking great lawn
- Custom-made vanities and marble countertops
- Kohler bath polished chrome fixtures
- Speakers in kitchen, master bedroom and library, pre-wired for A/V, internet/data/CATV
- Maintenance-free aluminum clad wood insulated windows
- Bolivian Mahogany solid wood entry door
- Energy efficient state-of-the-art central A/C and gas heating systems with five (5) zones
- Security & alarm system with motion detectors
- Private rear yard with exterior gas line grill connection